Job Opening: Account Executive
Schmidt Public Affairs is looking for an Account Executive to join our team. The ideal candidate is a strong writer and effective communicator with at least two years of relevant experience in public affairs or a related field.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Description and Qualifications:
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience in public relations and/or a related field, such as: opinion or policy writing, internal communications drafting, email newsletter management, media and social media tracking and analytics, web design and content management
- Contribute to creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
- Participate in the execution of multiple projects from conception to completion with an ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Build relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Consistently produce high-quality internal and external communications content, often under tight timelines and with competing priorities
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans and an ability to write engaging content for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Possess a solid understanding of the current healthcare landscape and topical issues
- Aid in new business process, including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
- Organization and attention to detail a plus
- Professional demeanor and presence in all communications and interactions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $75,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience. Schmidt Public Affairs offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, 401K, company provided computer and phone, parking or public transportation reimbursement, flexible vacation days, profit sharing and a bonus program.
Schmidt Public Affairs staff members have been working remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. The firm now offers a hybrid remote/in-office schedule.
Send a cover letter, resume and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com and include “Account Executive” in the subject line.