Schmidt Public Affairs (SPA), a boutique public affairs firm located outside Washington, DC and focusing solely on healthcare policy issues, is looking to expand its contractor relationships with experienced professionals in earned media management and placements for top-tier print, broadcast and digital media outlets. (Niche experience in only one of the aforementioned mediums would be strongly considered.)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in close coordination with account managers while providing strategic counsel on earned media strategy, tactics and messaging.
- Working with SPA staff to develop media pitches, pitch stories, facilitate media interviews, report and track earned media placements.
- Leveraging existing relationships with healthcare and health policy reporters, producers and influencers – ideally on the national level.
- Assisting in writing and editing media products.
- Established relationships with national and top-tier producers and/or reporters.
- Experience working on issues related to healthcare and health policy.
- Track record of success securing national media for healthcare clients.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to provide counsel on how best to maximize client social media channels to engage with reporters and other influencers.
- At ease under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle numerous projects at the same time and work independently.
- Ability to ensure consistency and adapt messages based on the platform and mode of communication.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Flexible and solutions-oriented mindset.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume, **hourly rate, and 3 recent national earned media examples to Ellen Almond at email@example.com.
** Hourly billing rate negotiable based on experience and media relationships.