Job Opening: Social Media Apprenticeship
Schmidt Public Affairs offers paid apprenticeships (including parking/Metro reimbursement) to talented applicants who are able to commit to 3-6 months and at least 25 hours or up to 40 hours per week, with flexible hours available for those in school.
As a social media apprentice at Schmidt Public Affairs you will work closely with senior members of our team, gaining hands-on experience executing the digital and social media elements of public affairs, grassroots advocacy, and government relations campaigns on behalf of coalition, non-profit, and corporate clients in the health policy space.
Armed with experience and industry contacts, our past apprentices have been successful in securing long-term employment in communications-related fields upon completion of the apprenticeship. *
- Conduct daily news monitoring and clip distribution
- Assist in daily monitoring of clients’ social media mentions and accounts
- Manage and update social media monitoring lists
- Draft and edit materials including social media content calendars, blog posts, website content, and more
- Assist in the creation of digital advocacy campaigns
- Assist in the development and production of client reports
- Assist with event coordination and on-site staffing
Desired qualities and skills:
- B.A. or B.S. in communications, political science, or related field (Degree-seeking Juniors and Seniors will also be considered)
- Exceptional attention to detail and writing skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in developing digital and social media advocacy content
- Interest in healthcare space
- Prior internship experience in a public affairs, agency, or government affairs setting
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) is a plus!
Interested in a social media apprenticeship at Schmidt Public Affairs? Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
*Please note that while we are very successful in helping our apprentices secure employment in communications-related fields, we cannot not guarantee placement in a long-term position at Schmidt Public Affairs or elsewhere.