Schmidt Public Affairs is an award-winning boutique public relations firm in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia that solely represents clients operating in the nation’s healthcare delivery system. Our firm works with a variety of healthcare organizations include providers, manufacturers and consumer advocates. Our firm offers a fun, casual and collaborative work environment among smart, hardworking and forward thinking PR professionals.
We are looking for a new Account Supervisor to join our team. The ideal candidate is an effective manager, strong writer, highly organized, detailed oriented, a strategic thinker and versatile. A candidate with healthcare knowledge and/or policy experience and health policy media relationships is preferred.
- Demonstrate understanding of federal healthcare policy and public affairs practices
- Excel at client service and account leadership
- Develop branded and unbranded messaging and tactics to support client goals
- Monitor health policy developments and news to identify potential opportunities for client engagement or need for public relations support
- Craft communications recommendations and plans for clients based on advocacy and business objectives
- Write/oversee writing and editing of materials, including messaging documents, press materials, media advisories, op-eds, letters to the editor, issue briefs, info graphics and fact sheets
- Leverage and grow relationships with third-party influencers to support client needs
- Offer client counsel on media relations (earned and social) strategies and tactics
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of social media tools and how to integrate them into a comprehensive communications program
- Manage projects using organizational skills, working with colleagues, vendors and support agencies
- Organize, manage and execute events including meetings, webinars, press conferences, Capitol Hill briefings and fly-ins
- Maintain daily client contact and delivery of regular status updates
- Manage regular client conference calls and meetings
- Oversee administrative duties on accounts, including managing budgets, overseeing preparation of client status and activity reports, compilation of media and competitor analyses
- Must have at least 5-7 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or public affairs
- Must be a proactive self-starter with excellent organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field and proven management skills
- Must have superior writing and editorial skills
- Must have a solid grasp of all basic public affairs tools and how they are used to achieve client goals (earned, paid, social mediums; grassroots and grasstops, research, coordination with legislative counsel, etc.)
- Must have a strong understanding of media engagement and be able to apply experience and initiative in developing appropriate traditional and online media strategies
- Must be able to generate creative ideas and enjoy media relations
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Competitive salary and full benefits including healthcare, dental, 401K, computer/smart phone, parking/transportation and bonus program.
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter, resume, 2-3 writing samples and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.