Schmidt Public Affairs is looking for a dynamic Account Supervisor to join our team. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, strategic thinker, successful project manager and effective communicator with at least 4 years of professional experience managing PR or public affairs campaigns in fast-paced and deliverable-driven settings. A candidate with proven health policy and science writing skills and prior communications agency experience is strongly preferred.
ABOUT SCHMIDT PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Schmidt Public Affairs is an award-winning, boutique health care public affairs firm in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia that represents some of the nation’s leading health and bioscience organizations. We work closely with innovative health care companies, coalitions, trade associations, health delivery organizations, patient groups and nonprofits to shape health policy decisions and public opinion in DC and beyond. Schmidt Public Affairs offers a fun, casual and collaborative work environment among smart, hardworking, and forward-thinking PR professionals.
Schmidt Public Affairs staff members have been working remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic and will move to a hybrid remote/in-office schedule beginning March 1.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Roles and Duties:
- Communications Strategist. Working closely with senior staff, you will develop and implement integrated communications campaigns that are targeted toward specific audiences and incorporate messaging, earned and paid media, research, grassroots advocacy, social and digital media, strategic partnerships, marketing, branding and other communications in support of campaign objectives. You will offer strategic counsel to staff and clients by monitoring new developments and proactively identifying opportunities to advance client goals. You will evaluate the success of communications activities by tracking, measuring and reporting on deliverables and key metrics.
- Project Manager. Working with staff and vendors and liaising directly with clients, you will manage select communications projects and deliverables. You will implement project management and client relations best practices to ensure project goals, client expectations, timelines and budget parameters are met.
- Health Policy and Science Writer. You will draft and edit a wide range of communications collateral, including messaging documents, talking points, press releases, media pitches, media advisories, op-eds, cited guest commentary articles, email and social media content, letters to the editor, issue briefs, infographics, white papers, reports and fact sheets.
- At least 4 years of professional experience developing and evaluating communications strategy, managing projects and drafting communications collateral. Candidates with agency experience and/or communications experience in the health care, health policy, or biotech industries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
- Proactive self-starter with proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of media landscape and proven ability to develop and execute successful earned media campaigns.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, clients and partners.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- A desire to learn and always improve.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $85,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience. Schmidt Public Affairs offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, 401K, company provided computer and phone, parking or public transportation reimbursement, flexible vacation days, profit sharing and a bonus program.
Send a cover letter, resume and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com and include “Account Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted through March 15, 2022.