Schmidt Public Affairs is looking for a new Account Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is an effective manager, strong writer, strategic thinker, and a highly organized and detailed oriented individual. A candidate with healthcare knowledge and/or policy experience and health policy media relationships is preferred.
ABOUT SCHMIDT PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Schmidt Public Affairs is an award-winning, boutique public affairs firm in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia that solely represents clients operating in the nation’s healthcare delivery system. Our firm works with some of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations – include providers, manufacturers and consumer advocates – to shape policy decisions and public opinion in DC and beyond. Schmidt Public Affairs offers a fun, casual and collaborative work environment among smart, hardworking and forward-thinking PR professionals.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Develop, manage and execute project plans and deliverables, including management of internal staff and external vendors
- Develop branded and unbranded messaging and tactics to support client goals
- Monitor health policy developments and news to identify potential opportunities for client engagement or need for public relations support
- Write/oversee writing and editing of materials, including messaging documents, press materials, media advisories, op-eds, letters to the editor, issue briefs, infographics and fact sheets
- Leverage and grow relationships with third-party influencers to support client needs
- Organize, manage and execute events including meetings, webinars, press conferences, Capitol Hill briefings and fly-ins
- Maintain daily client contact and delivery of regular status updates
- Manage regular client conference calls and meetings
- Oversee administrative duties on accounts, including managing budgets, overseeing preparation of client status and activity reports, compilation of media and competitor analyses
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or public affairs
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proactive self-starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven management skills
- Superior writing and editorial skills
- Proven success utilizing today’s public affairs tools (including earned, paid, social media, grassroots, grasstops, and research strategies) to achieve client goals
- Strong understanding of media landscape and proven ability to develop and execute successful traditional and online media strategies
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Schmidt Public Affairs offers a competitive salary and full benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, 401K, computer/smart phone, parking/public transportation reimbursement, flexible vacation days and bonus program.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, 2-3 writing samples and salary requirements to Erin Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.