Schmidt Public Affairs is looking for a new Account Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is an effective project manager, strong writer, strategic thinker, and a highly organized and detailed oriented individual. A candidate with healthcare knowledge and/or policy experience and health policy media relationships is preferred.
ABOUT SCHMIDT PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Schmidt Public Affairs is an award-winning, boutique public affairs firm in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia that represents some of the nation’s leading healthcare companies and organizations. We work closely with healthcare coalitions, manufacturers, trade associations, patient groups and nonprofits to shape policy decisions and public opinion in DC and beyond. Schmidt Public Affairs offers a fun, casual and collaborative work environment among smart, hardworking and forward-thinking PR professionals.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Serve as project lead and primary client liaison for several healthcare accounts.
- Develop, manage and execute communications plans and deliverables.
- Manage internal staff and external vendors.
- Develop and execute integrated campaigns that include messaging, earned and paid media, grassroots, social/digital, strategic partnerships, and other tactics to advance client goals.
- Monitor health policy developments and news to identify potential opportunities for client engagement or need for public relations support.
- Write/oversee writing and editing of materials, including messaging documents, press materials, media advisories, op-eds, letters to the editor, issue briefs, infographics and fact sheets
- Leverage and grow relationships with third-party influencers to support client needs.
- Organize, manage and execute events including meetings, webinars, press conferences, Capitol Hill briefings and fly-ins.
- Maintain daily client contact and delivery of regular status updates.
- Manage regular client conference calls and meetings.
- Oversee administrative duties on accounts, including managing budgets, overseeing preparation of client status and activity reports, compilation of media and competitor analyses.
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or public affairs. Agency experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proactive self-starter with proven management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Strong understanding of media landscape and proven ability to develop and execute successful earned media campaigns.
- Proven success utilizing today’s public affairs tools (including earned, paid, social media, grassroots, grasstops, and research strategies) to achieve client goals.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Schmidt Public Affairs offers a competitive salary and full benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, 401K, computer/smart phone, parking/public transportation reimbursement, flexible vacation days and bonus program.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, 2-3 PR writing samples and salary requirements to Erin Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.